Dealing with many patients, often with co-morbidities, makes it extremely difficult to optimise care for individual conditions.
We can help you to optimise care by analysing data from a variety of sources, including both primary and secondary care.
Our work has provided evidence that supports the business case for new and more effective care pathways for specific conditions.
Our experienced staff have the knowledge and experience necessary to help you to support your patients to make condition-specific interventions following an audit.
Our processes allow you to measure outcomes and support you to deliver against key performance indicators.
By supporting you in this way, we can support you to improve the quality of life for your patients, initiate long-term savings, cut down on your workload by improving treatment and outcomes and implement new more efficient pathways of care.
Helping Fleetwood CCG: Optimising Care for Urology Patients
Fleetwood Clinical Commissioning Group (FCCG) approached us to help optimise care for urology patients and support a business case for localised urology service provision.
Our task was to analyse primary and secondary care data and feed the results into the business case, whilst also assessing the likely demand for a local urology service. FCCG did not have the skill set or time to produce this information in-house.
In consultation with FCCG, we established the baseline information required to support the business case then analysed specific patient data.
We created searches using the existing GP clinical system, allowing FCCG staff to repeat these in the future.
- FCCG staff trained on how to export secondary care data
- Appropriate patients identified for referral to a local urology pilot project
- 12 patients diagnosed with benign prostatic hypertrophy and 98 patients with overactive bladder as a result of findings
- Identified patients who did not attend their initial urology appointment or follow up appointments
- Data updated for all patients who had been admitted and did not have an entry in the primary care system
- Our analysis captured in the report showed that treating patients nearer to home would improve access to services and help reduce DNAs.
- We proved the financial costs to refer a patient locally would be less than the current provision.
- FCCG put forward a strong business case for a local urology pilot project.
- Enabled more patients to be treated locally.
Oberoi provided us with a fantastic service. The expert auditing of both primary and secondary care data was critical for commissioning and supporting the provision of alternative service which we now have in place.
Dr. Mark Spencer, F.C.C.G.
To read a full case study titled "Analysis of Primary & Secondary Data to Support a Business Case for a Local Service Provision", please click here.
Using A Long-Term Conditions Register To Help Care Planning At Weybridge PCT
We worked with Weybridge PCT to support three pilot practices in establishing a long-term conditions register in order to support long term care planning.
We devised searches using the existing GP clinical system and integrated data on prescribing costs over a 12-month period for each patient and PARR scores (Patients At Risk of Re-admission) data where available.
The resulting data was formatted into a simple and workable spreadsheets containing all patients with multiple diseases (as specified by the PCC).
- By combining the PARR Scores with the number of disease registers, it was possible to divide the large number of patients initially identified into manageable cohorts.
- A group of patients were identified as a priority for review as they were found to be on multiple disease registers.
- The spreadsheets helped with care planning to reduce the risk of hospital re-admittance.
The data provided by the audit process gave clinicians a holistic patient profile that enabled informed clinical interventions.